- Location: Ely
- Sector: Technical & Engineering, Industrial & Manufacturing
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday flexible start and finish times
- Reward: £33,000- £35,000
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Life Assurance, Bupa Cash-Plan, Cycle to work scheme, Free on site parking
Reviewing new designs, first batch runs, ordering new tooling….. all these things will be familiar to you if you have worked within prototyping, if you have read this far, you are considering looking for a new role. Why continue to read this advert? Because of the opportunity this job can offer you. You will work closely with design, sales and the end customers to provide project support throughout the new product introduction process, which will give you a really good understanding of the entire NPI and NPD process.
What will you be doing:
- Reviewing new product designs with both NPD teams and sales teams, acting as the technical expert to ensure new designs are transferrable to production
- Reviewing current production tooling to see if these can be used for NPI or if new tooling needs to be sourced
- Liaising with tooling suppliers, to define and order new tooling to produce new products
- Setting up machinery for first batch runs, ensuring the product produced is to quality and cost standards
- Supporting the end users with their first production runs, this maybe virtually or by visiting their site
- You will be mechanically minded and eager to learn
- A background in plastic injection moulding would be beneficial
- Be robust in your approach and be able to give technical advice and guidance to colleagues and customers
- Be able to work independently, but also as part of a wider team
- To explore future, or to see if this role could be the one for you please get in touch with me!
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.