Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
- Location: Ely
- Sector: Technical & Engineering
- Job type: Permanent
- Hours: Monday – Friday 5 x 9 hours shifts (9am – 6pm) May include occasional Saturday mornings
- Reward: £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience and qualifications
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (holiday freeze during harvest season July & August)
We are looking for a Maintenance Engineer with experience carrying out both mechanical and electrical maintenance on agricultural machinery. This position is to provide both reactive and pre-planned maintenance across the site. Ideally we are looking for candidates with 18th edition certification or a relevant Electrical Qualification. It is essential for this role that you have experience within the servicing and repair of agriculture, food manufacturing or production equipment.
You will be a multi skilled engineer, capable of diagnosing and resolving a wide range of breakdown issues. A flexible approach to working is required as priorities often change with short notice, you will be able to work unsupervised delivering a high level of attention to detail. You will work to a culture of continuous improvement to develop reliability, safety, accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensure that machines are maintained in accordance with manufacturers requirements
- Carrying out Pre-Planned and Reactive maintenance
- To provide engineering cover to the Production Department
- Ensuring that breakdowns are rectified promptly and effectively, resulting in minimum unplanned downtime.
- Respond to breakdowns with a high degree of urgency, and suitably prepared to undertake basic diagnostic tasks.
- Ensure the high standards of safety, accuracy, productivity, administration and housekeeping
- Control a stock level of spares and consumables through record keeping and careful procurement.
Skills and Experience Required:
- PLC Knowledge
- Safety circuit knowledge
- Methodical approach to breakdowns/fault finding
- Experience working in a production environment
- 18th Edition certification is desirable
- Electrical qualification desirable
- Experience of welding would be an advantage
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.