- Location: London
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Reward: £Competitive!
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: Life assurance cover, pension scheme, paid over time, 20 days annual leave + bank holidays, day off in lieu when a Saturday worked
Working on behalf of an award winning developer, who are currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Operative on a full time basis. This is a fantastic opportunity working alongside the existing maintenance team within a luxury student accommodation block, you will be providing day to day reactive and planned maintenance work. This role is based across two of facilities in the North Acton and Vauxhall areas.
- Monitoring onsite contracts and oversee work to ensure it is completed to a high standard.
- Be responsible for the planned maintenance including fire alarm testing, emergency lighting testing, fire extinguisher checks water hygiene flushing / temperature monitoring, shower head descaling and health & safety checks.
- Undertake regular patrols around the building to identify any health and safety risks.
- Record, log and monitor any maintenance issues that are reported by customers either online or in person.
- Ensure that maintenance records are kept for the all services, including gas safety inspections, lightening protection systems, fall arrest systems, PAT testing and fixed wiring certification.
- Adherence to H&S policy ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are obtained / maintained and that safe systems of work are followed, including Permit to Work and hot works permits
- Undertake scheduled flat inspections and complete all resultant actions in a timely manner.
- Carry out general repairs around the building including reception areas, bathrooms, customer flats, common areas, kitchens etc to a high standard.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in general maintenance within a residential or commercial setting.
- A relevant qualification in either plumbing, electrical systems or joinery would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Have a thorough understanding of H&S regulations.
- A good level of IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- First class communication skills with the ability to uphold a high level of Customer Service.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business for this Permanent vacancy.