- Location: Cambridge
- Sector: Temporary & Interim, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Job type: Full Time, Temporary
- Hours: 8.30am – 17.00pm Mon - Fri (Core hours 9am – 4pm offering flexible start and finish times)
- Reward: £12.00 - £14.00 per hour + Holiday Pay
- Start: ASAP
We are looking for candidates who have proven experience of working within a procurement department to join our client on a temporary contract for a minimum of 12 weeks, with possible extension. This is a senior position and therefore experience of purchasing and building relationships with suppliers is essential. To be suitable for this role you will have also worked within a manufacturing setting.
- Maintaining material masters for purchased materials.
- Maintaining adequate stock levels of materials to meet production requirements.
- Working in close cooperation with Global Procurement organisation
- Advise internal customers on procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stages
- Ensure that approved suppliers are used in purchasing materials
- Liaising with the QA department in assessing the suppliers’ capability and suitability.
- Establish and agree schedules of material requirements with suppliers and to negotiate prices
- Source new materials and items
- Process the MRP list in SAP and to create purchase orders for items which need re-ordering.
- Create purchase orders for non-stock consumables, match delivery notes to orders
- Monitor suppliers of materials to ensure timely delivery, and to resolve any problems that arise.
- Resolve claims related to invoices / damaged goods / returned goods.
- Maintain the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) system for supplier evaluation
- Oversee and process departmental stock checks and ensure that SAP is updated
- Produce stock reports for consignment stock suppliers.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Experience of MS Office at an Intermediate Level (including Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Excellent organisational skills, motivated and self-disciplined
- Collaborative approach with good team integration skills
- Working to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as needed
- Demonstrable experience in the field of purchasing
- Knowledge/experience of SAP
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Temporary vacancy.