Head of Finance
- Location: Cambridge
- Sector: Finance & Accountancy
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week flexible working hours (Core Hours 9am – 4.30pm)
- Reward: up to £80,000 + 20% Bonus (OTE £96,000)
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: Up to 20% of salary in bonus, Private Health Insurance, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, pension.
An excellent opportunity to join our client, a global organisation based on the Cambridge Science Park. Our client creates high quality solutions for a global customer base with themes around the environment, energy and industrial applications. The business is also in the start up / early launch stage of high value systems sales in automotive and aeronautical industries. Acting as the management center for 3 other sister businesses within the UK the business employee’s circa 140 employees with a turnover of approx. £35million.
This is a very high-profile position within the business, working closely with the MD and Global CFO therefore we are looking for candidates that can strengthen a collaborative, valued added approached in driving forward the business. To be suitable for this role you will be a qualified accountant who is able to promote and drive through this change of approach and who will come with a fresh view and new ideas.
- Direct and oversee all processes in Finance and Management Accounting for the UK
- Coordinate and oversee periodic financial closings in accordance with IFRS/UK-GAAP
- Produce tax filings under UK law and all accompanying reporting
- Compilation of annual budgets and periodical forecasts
- Run and complete analysis and projects with focus on business, management accounting & SAP
- Drive business in terms of supporting top line growth and bottom line performance
- Cost tracking, operations KPI´s, inventory review, fixed assets management, project costs
- Act as pro-active commercial partner to the UK Managing Director and global CFO
- Compile and provide advice on business and investment cases
- Act as a central contact partner for all tax and treasury topics for the Group in the UK
- Take on various peripheral functions such as legal, pension, insurance, property
- Act as data protection officer, compliance officer and company secretary
Key skills and Knowledge Required:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACMA or equivalent)
- Degree in Finance, Business Administration or equivalent (Desirable)
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in finance/controlling
- Experience using ERP systems, preferably on SAP, in a manufacturing environment
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.