Seeking a Service Charge Accountant – Cambridge
We are working on behalf of a reputable property management group based in the centre of Cambridge. This position is a skilled role that is suitable for candidates who have had exposure to year end accounts and high volume bank reconciliations. Ideally you will be AAT Qualified and hold some experience in a role that has had some involvement in preparing budgets.
Location: Cambridge, CB21
Salary: Up to £24,000 + Study Support for CIMA or other related qualifications
Hours: 8.30am – 17.30pm Monday – Thursday, 8.30am – 17.00pm Friday
This role will include a high volume of repetitive accounts and you would be responsible for managing various different client accounts, therefore a background in practice accounts would give you an advantage in this position. You must be a strong communicator with the ability to build relationships with various clients.
- Ensure annual budgets are accurate
- Periodic billing of service charges, ground rent and other charges to leaseholders
- Preparing end of year accounts within agreed timeframe
- Monthly bank reconciliations for client estates
- Producing quarterly management reports, for review with Estate Managers and clients.
- Analyse expenditure v budget, arrears and cash flow position, producing a summary report
- Monitor the general health and correctness of the accounts associated with your portfolio
- Utilities and insurance recharging to leaseholders
- Corporation tax administration
- Answer leaseholder / client enquiries in a timely fashion
- Handle referred leaseholder service charge queries
- Following up actions from AGM Minutes and directors meetings
- Assist the Client Accounting team with day to day / adhoc duties
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous accounting experience to year end including budgeting desirable
- Part-qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA/ AAT desirable
- Experience in service charge client accounting is desirable but not essential
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and diary management
- Excellent numeracy/analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft programmes, particularly Excel, and competent in mail merging.
- Ability to build working relationships with employees across the organisation.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.