Seeking a Quality and Laboratory Test Technician – Ely
Working on behalf of a reputable company that processes raw and fresh ingredients we are seeking candidates who have experience of working in either a food manufacturing, laboratory or quality environments. The purpose of this role is to work in the laboratory undertaking the sampling and inspection of raw ingredients that come in against quality standards.
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
Hours: 9am – 17.30pm Monday – Friday
Salary: £18,000 + up to 10% of salary bonus!
Benefits: Life insurance, pension, 22 days holiday (rising to 25 days over 3 years) + 8 bank holidays, 1 x charity day off per annum, Free On-Site Gym and table tennis, Free Lunch on Fridays, up to 10% of your salary in bonus paid annually.
Duties will include:
- Sampling and inspection of raw ingredients and finished products
- Performing internal testing (FTIR, moisture, density, etc.) of product
- Manufacturing and environment testing (micro, allergens, etc.)
- Preparing samples to be sent to external labs and cooperation with external labs
- Assessing results and releasing products basing on test results
- Performing results investigations
- Supporting the supplier & product approval process
- Operational compliance and internal auditing
- Creating relevant quality documentation
- Awareness of legislation and regulatory requirements
- Support of site audits where required
Key skills and attributes required:
- Excellent communicator
- Structured but flexible
- Accurate analyst with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to balance delivery of long-term projects with day-to-day requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, with strong MS Excel skills
- A team player, with an individual sense of ownership
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.