Class 1 HGV Driver
- Location: Wisbech
- Sector: Industrial & Manufacturing, Temporary & Interim
- Job type: Full Time, Contract
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm are the core hours, flexibility is required for this position as you will need to be flexible to start at 4am for two of your weekly working days (this would be paid at an additional overtime rate) Double Time 4am – 6am and Time and a Half 6am – 8am
- Reward: £23,000 per annum pro rata
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: Pension Scheme, Free onsite parking, 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays and annual health care plan.
Want to join a well-established business based in Wisbech and currently hold a Valid Class 1 HGV Driving Licence? This is an exciting time to join the business and a well-established team. Although the position is for a 6-month FTC basis, for the right candidate the client may in the future consider offering a permanent opportunity.
To be suitable for this position you will need to hold a HGV Class 1 Driving Licence, Valid CPC Card, and a Digi Card. As well as this you WILL NEED to have a valid ADR Qualification.
Duties will include:
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle
- Driving Class 1 vehicle safely and responsibly
- You will be completing 5 – 15 drops per day
- Completing daily vehicle checks to make sure your vehicle is roadworthy and safe to use
- Maintain health and safety standards
- Operating in a safe way, following all road rules
- Ensure all paperwork is correct, completed and returned to the transport office
- Delivering goods to various locations around the UK
Skills and Experience Required:
- Class 1 Driving License
- Valid CPC Card
- Valid DIGI Card
- ADR Qualification (this is necessary to be considered for this position)
- Good spoken English
- Strong communication skills
- Punctual work ethic
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Contract vacancy.