- Location: Newmarket
- Sector: Technical & Engineering
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 8am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
- Reward: £Competitive salary
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: 20 days annual leave + bank holidays, Workplace pension scheme, overtime and free onsite parking.
We are working on behalf of our client who designs and manufactures custom built low voltage distribution boards/switchboards and panels in various industries including construction, food manufacturing, agricultural, marine and renewable energy. We are looking for a Test Technician to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the testing of quality Low Voltage Switchgear and Control Panels to a high standard. You will ideally come from a busy manufacturing or Engineering environment and able to work to customer deadlines with precision and accuracy.
- Testing of all products, ensuring the product meets the test parameters requested by the customer and project manager.
- Accurately recording test results
- Fault find failures to component level/root
- Ensure all testing is completed on time and to the production schedule
- Provide necessary documentation for test processes
- Complying with the quality management system.
- Working with the Technical Support and Applications Engineers to create and develop test/evaluation plans and procedures.
- Providing technical guidance and support to the Panel Builders as required
- Working effectively with other staff members
- Adhering to Health and Safety
Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum of HNC/HND or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- A good working knowledge of both analogue and digital circuitry and experience with power supply circuitry
- Experience in panel building/wiring required
- Accurate measuring and numeracy skills
- Good attention to detail and high standards of work ethic
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Experience of working in a busy engineering or manufacturing environment (desirable)
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.