- Location: St Neots
- Sector: Technical & Engineering
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: Monday to Thursday 8am – 4:30pm and Friday 8am – 2pm
- Reward: Up to £35,000 - depending on experience
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Pension plan & Life assurance 4 x salary, clean working environment, Family Discount scheme, EAP support line, Free parking, flexible working hours if required.
Is work / life balance important to you in choosing your next role? Your future employer finishes at 2pm on Friday, every Friday, allowing you additional time to use away from work as you wish on the things that are important to you! Alongside this you will be supported with the opportunity to progress your skills and experience and become part of the Purchasing team. Within this position you will be responsible for the buying of electronic components and managing the MRP system to ensure production can continue to run smoothly.
What you will be doing:
- Managing the MRP system which is bespoke to the business and ensuring that parts are updated
- Negotiating and agreeing prices for raw materials and electrical components
- Chase up orders with suppliers
- Build strong working relationships with Suppliers
- Supplier management and ensuring suppliers are being used efficiently
- Liaise with the Stores department to ensure stock is maintained and re-order stock when levels are low
- Create and place purchase orders using the systems
- Demonstrable experience in the field of purchasing or procurement within an engineering environment
- Experience using an MRP/ ERP system would be a benefit
- Strong negotiation skills
- Accurate and high levels of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.