- Location: Cambridge
- Sector: Supply Chain & Logistics
- Job type: Full Time
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday
- Reward: £Negotiable + 20% Bonus
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: Opportunity to earn up to 20% of salary in bonus, Private Health Insurance, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, pension.
Working for a global organisation we are looking to engage with Senior Buyers who hold experience of working within a matrix organisation. This is a senior role within the company and sits on the leadership team therefore you will hold managerial skills and the ability to handle multiple projects of varying complexities, given this relevant experience is essential for this position.
To be suitable for this position you will have exceptional planning skills with the ability to plan tasks ahead of schedule, you will be a leader and have the ability to think strategically alongside strong analytical skills. You will be responsible for ensuring that all local and regional purchasing needs are appropriately sourced through strong global collaboration.
- Developing and aligning category strategy for assigned category incl. markets, suppliers, policies, levers and approved vendor list by using category and supplier management tools and systems
- Executing strategic procurement for direct materials (BOM) in assigned categories regionally
- Leading strategic supplier negotiations, if required in alignment with the category manager
- Establishing procurement procedures for the allocated category
- Aligning procurement strategies with key stakeholders in businesses and functions
- Undertaking RFI, RFQ, processes for high-value, high-risk purchases
- Developing and managing contracts, responsible for low-value/low-risk to high-value/high-risk
- Driving continuous cost reduction, cost avoidance and cash improvements
- Adds value in a multi-disciplinary environment with R&D, engineering, quality and operations.
- Supplier management (e.g. adds, onboards suppliers and manages relationship)
- Supplier risk and contract management
- Data quality management / Data cleansing
- Supporting project teams in Product development projects for System business
- Analysing and proposing concepts for opportunities to improve product value (Design-To-Value),
- Scouting suppliers for potential opportunities and new technologies
- Providing procurement and market insights
- Developing a sourcing strategy, including potential suppliers and risk mitigation strategies
- Preparing and running RfX activities
- Carrying out target costing
- Finalizes contracts and sets up the day-to-day procurement process in the project
- Supervise and direct all process activities within the respective department/area of responsibility.
- Manage the procurement team in the UK
- Helps maintain the commitment of senior project sponsors by frequent status reports and by creating and managing realistic expectations
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Able to win strong personalities over and promote collaborative working
- Able to organise and plan tasks as schedule or ahead of time
- Ability to manage a project plan, set timelines and milestones and delivers on time
- Confident to negotiate based on first-hand observations and information collected
- Able to produce strategic sourcing deliverables (e.g. spend analysis, supply market analysis)
- Can handle multiple assignments or project tasks of high complexity
- Use advance problem solving process/tools and understand the impact of solutions
- Able to deliver quality presentations to a broad audience and respond to on-the-spot questions
- Able to provide advice on procedures and processes
- Confident to deal with unexpected developments and able to assess problems proactively
- Manage strategic and non-strategic supplier relationships effectively
- Knowledgeable on the effects of legal aspects.
- Establishes, maintains and utilizes a broad network of contacts for a variety of purposes
- Substantial procurement experience in a multi-national scope technical/technology environment
- In depth SAP knowledge
- Proven leadership experience, in particular working in a matrix organisation
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.