- Location: Waterbeach
- Sector: Admin & Customer Service, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- Reward: Up to £30,000 per annum depending on experience
- Start: ASAP
We are working with a market leading life science business to recruit a Buyer to join their existing team, the role can be site based and offers the ability to work from home.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuing all items are purchased in line with business requirements using an MRP system, reviewing suppliers and systems to ensure continuous improvement across the purchasing function and business.
- Responsible for both existing and new product ranges, along with all non-inventory purchases
- Developing and maintaining KPIs for UK purchasing
- Managing and maintaining the MRP system
- Ensuring product and material requirements are met through effective procurement and supplier management
- Developing and maintaining a shortage report and expediting system
- Manage costs of materials and products by viewing and negotiating with supplier base
- Ensure purchase orders are maintained
- Champion best procurement practices and reduce instances of rogue purchasing
Your background, Skills and Attributes:
- Background within purchasing or as a Buyer
- Demonstrable experience of forming and maintaining successful supplier relationships
- Experience using an MRP system
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of data analysis
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.