Senior Process Engineer
- Location: Sedgefield
- Sector: Technical & Engineering, Industrial & Manufacturing
- Job type: Permanent
- Hours: 9am - 17.30pm Monday - Friday
- Reward: £40,000 - £50,000
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: Possibility of Share Options, Pension Scheme, Mental Wellbeing Scheme, Recruitment Bonus Scheme, Social Events and healthcare benefits including Flu Injections and Free Prescription Glasses.
Senior Process Engineer
We are looking for candidates to join our client as a senior influence within a busy and growing team. This role would be suited to candidates who have a background in high volume microelectronic manufacturing. If you can demonstrate an ability to mentor and help to lead a team of Engineers whilst undertaking complex problem solving and process development, then we would love to hear from you!
Location: Sedgefield, County Durham
Hours: 9am – 17.30pm Monday – Friday
Salary: up to £50,000 dependent on experience
Benefits: Possibility of Share Options, Pension Scheme, Mental Wellbeing Scheme, Recruitment Bonus Scheme, Social Events and healthcare benefits including Flu Injections and free prescription glasses.
We would like to engage with candidates who have experience in specifying new, advanced, manufacturing equipment with the subsequent experience of the introduction into high volume manufacturing. It is essential that you hold experience within materials processes, using lasers. Ideally you will be Educated with a degree in Engineering alongside holding a Green Belt Lean 6 Sigma Certification.
- Developing high yielding and stable processes that are robust
- Operating on structured polymer films at high volume including laser-based processes and bonding of electronic components using conductive adhesives.
- Working with vendors to develop equipment
- Working with equipment suppliers, developing trials, specifications and tracking projects for the supply of advanced processing equipment.
- Inspection and interpretation of thin-film processes using microscopy
- Leading the mentoring and training of junior staff across both engineering and operational staff
- Reporting effectively on project outcomes
- Preparing publications and presentations
Skills and Experience Required:
- High level experience in electronic component processing and assembly
- Degree in Engineering (mechanical, chemical), Physics, Materials Science
- Experience in laser or photonics processing
- Green belt Lean 6 sigma certification or higher
- Knowledge of electronic bonding including conductive adhesives
- Exposure to the processing of delicate materials such as thin films, polymers or biomaterials
- Familiarity with the use of quality-enhancing techniques such as 8D, FMEA, fishbone, 5 Whys etc.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.