- Location: Ely
- Sector: Technical & Engineering, Industrial & Manufacturing
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: Monday to Thursday, 8.00am to 4.30pm and Friday’s, 8.00am to 1.30pm
- Reward: £Negotiable
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: 23 days annual leave (rising to 27 days through length of service) plus 8 bank holidays, 5% pension contribution, private family health insurance, income protection, life assurance, early finish on a Friday and more!
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a technical manufacturing company for an experienced manager to join the business and lead a team of experienced manufacturing engineers. The role will be responsible for a varied workload and the suitable candidate will need to have confident decision making skills as well as previous experience of working strategically across a range of business areas.
This role is an integral part of the Engineering Management Team working closely with Production, Quality, Design, Sales and Product Management. The position will report directly into the Managing Director of the business and will be responsible for managing a multidisciplinary team of Manufacturing Engineers.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for producing project plans and coordinating technical projects to support new product development
- Support lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives relating to manufacturing processes and engineering
- Provide technical and operational support to production
- Lead and motivate the manufacturing engineering team, responsible for motivating and developing the team
- Manage the change control process ensuring that engineering change requests are actioned
- Manage the release of new products
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of five years’ experience working within an technical engineering environment
- Previous experience working within manufacturing or process engineering
- Technical ability with strong knowledge around electromechanical products
- The ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects
- Proven experience of managing engineering teams
- Experience working within a strategic role
- Knowledge of working to within Lean environments with CI experience would be highly advantageous
- Previous experience working with ERP/MRP systems
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.