- Location: Liverpool
- Sector: Industrial & Manufacturing
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 40 hours per week. 8am-5pm OR 9am-6pm Monday to Friday. 1 Saturday per month
- Reward: £Competitive!
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: : Life assurance cover, pension scheme, paid over time, 20 days annual leave + bank holidays, day off in lieu when a Saturday worked
Working on behalf of an award winning developer, who are currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Operative on a full time basis. This is a fantastic opportunity working alongside the existing maintenance team within a luxury student accommodation block, you will be providing day to day reactive and planned maintenance work.
- Monitoring onsite contracts and oversee work to ensure it is completed to a high standard.
- Be responsible for the planned maintenance including fire alarm testing, emergency lighting testing, fire extinguisher checks water hygiene flushing / temperature monitoring, shower head descaling and health & safety checks.
- Undertake regular patrols around the building to identify any health and safety risks.
- Record, log and monitor any maintenance issues that are reported by customers either online or in person.
- Ensure that maintenance records are kept for the all services, including gas safety inspections, lightening protection systems, fall arrest systems, PAT testing and fixed wiring certification.
- Adherence to H&S policy ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are obtained / maintained and that safe systems of work are followed, including Permit to Work and hot works permits
- Undertake scheduled flat inspections and complete all resultant actions in a timely manner.
- Carry out general repairs around the building including reception areas, bathrooms, customer flats, common areas, kitchens etc to a high standard.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in general maintenance within a residential or commercial setting.
- A relevant qualification in either plumbing, electrical systems or joinery would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Have a thorough understanding of H&S regulations.
- A good level of IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- First class communication skills with the ability to uphold a high level of Customer Service.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business for this Permanent vacancy.