Joinery Workshop Manager
- Location: Ely
- Sector: Industrial & Manufacturing
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: Monday - Thursday 07:30am – 4:00pm and Friday 07:30am – 3:00pm
- Reward: £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: 29 days holiday and birthday day off (holiday allowance rises at 3 years’ service, 5 years’ service and 10 years’ service), Pension Scheme, employee of the month £100 gift card, regular social events, long service awards , training programme, refer a friend scheme £250 bonus in pay packet and lots more.
We are looking for a Workshop Manager to lead and manage the workshop and the production team. As the Workshop Manager you will play an important role in the business and will be responsible for two production lines which include Joinery and Glazing.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established company where you can build a career and grow along with the business.
- Manage the production team offering feedback and encouraging improvements through mentoring and development
- Carry out daily review of production schedules and communicating them to the team
- Monitoring workloads and ensuring production targets are met within the team
- Making sure all health and safety measurements are adhered to through the workshop
- Managing the workshop budget and meeting financial targets
- Liaise with the Designers on methods to improve production
- Checking all paperwork and drawings for errors or issues before distributing for manufacturing
- Maintaining stock levels and ensuring there is enough stock to meet order schedule
- Carry out new starter inductions and documentation
- Ensuring all work is carried out to the company’s high standards
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in Joinery
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Production Management or Line Management
- Good communication and people management skills
- Ability to read and understand drawings
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment
- NEBOSH qualification an advantage
- Lean Manufacturing experience – 5s, Kazien or Kanban desirable
- IT literate and comfortable using Excel for production schedules
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this to Permanent vacancy.