Grounds & Maintenance Operative
- Location: Ely
- Sector: Industrial & Manufacturing
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent, Temporary
- Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:30am-4:45pm and Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
- Reward: £Competitive!
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: Pension Scheme, Group Life Cover, Private Health Care, Group Income Protection
We are currently working on behalf of a well-established manufacturing company in Ely who are currently going through company growth and are looking to take on a Grounds & Maintenance Operative. Working as part of the facilities team, you will be responsible for the upkeep of all outdoor spaces, building maintenance & repair also maintenance of the yard in their state of the art production facility.
- Responsibility for the maintenance of all outdoor areas including: Grass mowing, flower bed, weeding and maintenance, Maintaining trees / shrubs, Litter collecting / sweeping / cleaning hard surfaces, gritting and winter maintenance.
- Responsibility for building maintenance and repairs including: Internal painting, General repairs, Gutter / drain / window cleaning.
- Responsibility for managing the yard area including: Appropriate disposal of waste materials, Organising the yard, Line painting and marking.
- Assistance with general building maintenance as required.
- Produce maintenance schedules and Standard operating procedures.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Enthusiasm for and experience with landscaping/grounds maintenance
- A hands-on approach with strong DIY / garden maintenance skills
- Ability to multitask, time manage and work independently
- Ability to take initiative and identify / solve problems
- Certificates for use and storage of spray pesticides (weed control) is desirable
- Forklift (FLT) and full driving licence is desirable
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.