Forklift Driver / Transport Coordinator
- Location: Sutton
- Sector: Industrial & Manufacturing, Temporary & Interim
- Job type: Full Time, Temporary
- Hours: Hours for this role will primarily on a double day shift working 6am – 2pm week 1 and 2pm – 10pm week two, however when covering for the Transport Coordinator you will be required to work day shift 8am – 4pm or 9am – 5pm so there really is an immediate need for this role to be completely flexible with your working patterns – please do bear this in mind when applying for the position that you will need to be completely flexible.
- Reward: £9.73 per hour + holiday pay (Overtime is offered and paid at 1.5x hourly rate)
- Start: ASAP
This is a unique role that encompasses two positions. The focus of this role is to be a forklift driver so having a valid forklift licence is essential for this role. The other aspects of the role are to provide cover for the Transport Manager when he is absent or on leave – full training for this part of the role will be given but it is essential that you have strong numerical skills alongside being highly IT literate with the ability to undertake an administrative role for part of your position.
Main Forklift Driver Duties:
- Loading/unloading of lorries in a safe and efficient manner
- Move and stack materials
- Keep Production lines supplied with materials as required
- Rotate floor stock
- General housekeeping duties in the warehouse and production area as assigned
- Perform general warehouse duties to maintain a smooth operation
- Use of warehouse management software
- Receive/process shipments
- Dealing with external haulage drivers/contractors
- Inspect and maintain equipment, reporting any faults or wear and tear
Other duties when covering for Transport Coordinator:
This part of the role is to provide cover for the Transport Manager when they are on holiday/absent from work. When fulfilling this part of the job role there is an uplift in pay rate and full training will be provided.
- Load planning (ensuring customers receive orders when required)
- Manage, source and allocate special deliveries
- Load fill (ensure loads are as full as possible)
- Provide load plan by midday for following days deliveries with forecast for deliveries on day 3
- Booking in deliveries with customers where required.
- Liaise with planning to ensure orders are made when required.
- Pallet ordering and stock control
- Co-ordinate and manage finished goods quarterly/end of year stock takes
- Maintenance of finished goods stock accuracy
- Factored goods control
Skills and Experience Required:
- Forklift licence
- Full flexibility regarding your hours and shift patterns
- IT literate
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and unsupervised
- Willingness to work overtime
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business for this Temporary vacancy.