- Location: Cambridge
- Sector: Finance & Accountancy
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- Reward: £Negotiable!
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: 26 days holiday + bank holidays, pension scheme, life assurance, private medical insurance (after 18 months of service) and permanent health insurance (after 2 years of service)
Working on behalf of an established firm based in Cambridge with multiple other offices across the UK, we are seeking a Credit Controller to join a small but friendly team of 4. This is a vital part to the wider finance group within the company where you will be responsible for collecting payments from both UK and international clients.
To be suitable for this position you MUST have previous experience of working with Credit Control. You will be able to build strong and trusting relationships with clients and communicate effectively via email and over the phone. You will be highly organised and have the drive to achieve cash collection targets.
Duties will include:
- Reviewing and monitoring all sales ledgers
- Using Aged Debt reports to analyse ledgers and prioritise cash collections
- Maintaining and building strong relationships with clients
- Handling collection problems in a professional manner and by conducting special letters, compromise settlements, legal action and submitting claims in insolvency proceedings
- Alerting fee earners on any changes with client’s status or payment performance deterioration before agreeing escalation steps, credit restrictions and progress reporting
- Maintaining and updating client records on the Accounting system (Dream) and the document management system with details of collection activity, keeping GDPR compliant
- Carrying out regular risk reviews, assessments and routine housekeeping including the production of a month ‘exception’ report
- Working closely with the Credit Control Manager, Group Finance, finance team members and other departments within the firm to keep communication effective and service levels adhered too
Skills and Experience Required:
- MUST have previous experience of Credit Control in a professional environment
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- IT skills with the use of MS office packages and accounting software
- Able to build strong relationships
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business for this Permanent vacancy.