Trainee Quality Technician
- Location: Ely
- Sector: Admin & Customer Service, Industrial & Manufacturing
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 9am – 17.30pm Monday – Friday
- Reward: £18,000 - £22,000 up to 10% of salary bonus!
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: Life insurance, pension, 22 days holiday (rising to 25 days over 3 years) + 8 bank holidays, social events throughout the year
Working on behalf of a reputable company that processes raw and fresh ingredients we are seeking candidates who are eager to kick start their career within the laboratory. This is an excellent opportunity if you have recently completed a degree or A level in Science. The purpose of this role is to work in the laboratory undertaking testing and assessments of ingredients to provide advice to customers and suppliers.
Previous laboratory experience is not essential but a willingness and eagerness to learn is key. Ideally you will have an education within science and have a keen interest in gaining experience within the food industry. This is an excellent opportunity that will lead to progression within the company.
Duties will include:
- Performing internal testing (FTIR, moisture, density, etc.) of product
- Manufacturing and environment testing (micro, allergens, etc.)
- Preparing samples to be sent to external labs and cooperation with external labs
- Assessing results and releasing products basing on test results
- Performing results investigations
- Supporting the supplier & product approval process
- Operational compliance and internal auditing
- Creating relevant quality documentation
- Awareness of legislation and regulatory requirements
- Support of site audits where required
Key skills and attributes required:
- A degree, A level or GCSE in Science
- Excellent communicator
- Structured but flexible
- Accurate analyst with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to balance delivery of long-term projects with day-to-day requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, with strong MS Excel skills
- A team player, with an individual sense of ownership
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.