Office support roles can include a variety of key responsibilities and having great office support can turn these responsibilities into major company successes. These roles are very demanding and will often be jobs that are helping others and trying to keep everything together. Administrators are the back-bone to businesses – all businesses need administrators to handle daily operations! Finding top-notch administrative staff helps businesses to be organised and run smoothly.
Duties can vary depending on what company the administrator works for. The main responsibility for administrators is to ensure that there is an organised and efficient performance in the office at all times. Administration is a set of daily tasks that are related to the business and the staff. Many administrative roles require candidates to have a specific skill-set in using Microsoft Word, Excel and other software applications.
An effective administrator should have:
– Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills
– Patience when handling customers who might be confused and frustrated
– Attentiveness to customers, being mindful to feedback received
– Knowledge of products to ensure you are able to confidently discuss and assist queries
– Positive language to build a positive perception of yourself and the business
– Understand general administration
– Always be on hand to assist colleagues
– Develop an efficient and organised task management strategy
Today’s office support staff are often given the responsibilities of supporting busy customer service, sales and marketing teams and even dealing with complaints or assisting with marketing and accounts duties. Without office support everything could quickly fall apart which makes it impossible for the business to function.
Admin professionals have excellent communication, organisational and multi-tasking skills – they are typically confident and resourceful individuals who are capable of taking on varied tasks and delivering a high performance. For admin staff to thrive in an office environment they need to be able to juggle multiple projects at once and to be able to cope under pressure with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
If you are recruiting for Administrators or looking for a job as an Administrator then get in touch with our professionals today – 01353 880253 / 01223 628740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org