Quantity Surveyor – Outskirts of Newmarket
The purpose of this role will be to manage the costs on our clients Civil Engineering projects, specifically the running of the A14 highways project. You will be pivotal in ensuring that the project is completed within budget on time.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months
Location: Outskirts of Newmarket, Suffolk
Hours: Full Time
Hourly / Day Rate: Competitive!
The role would also be suitable for someone who has excellent numerical skills and has experience of working within Civil Engineering industry. It is essential for this role that you have good working experience with MS EXCEL to an intermediate / advanced level.
• Gathering information from managers and putting together applications for our clients
• Finding out a client’s needs and assessing if their plans are feasible
• Agreeing monthly and final accounts, sending invoices
• Meetings with clients to discuss accounts
• Estimating, costing and tendering
• Financial project management
• Budget control
• Stakeholder / Client management
• Working out quantities and costs of materials, time and labour for tenders
• Negotiating contracts and work schedules
• Advising on legal matters, including risks and disputes
• Writing regular reports on costs and preparing accounts for payment
• Keeping up to date with construction methods and materials
Key Skills and Experience Required:
• Being able to use Auto CAD would help, not required
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Highly motivated and keen to succeed
• IT literate and strong numerical skills
• Holds a full UK drivers Licence
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business for this Temporary vacancy.