Seeking a Quality Inspector – Outskirts of Ely
If you are a skilled Quality Inspector who has significant experience and understanding within machinery and machining methodologies, then this could be a great opportunity for you. We are looking for candidates who are confident in the use of calipers and micrometers to ensure that all components manufactured by our client are produced in line with ISO9001 standards.
Location: Outskirts of Ely, Cambridgeshire
Hours: 45 hour working week
Salary: up to £32,000
Benefits: 22 Days Holiday plus Bank Hols, leading to 25 days after 3 years’ service, company sick pay scheme after 12 months service, free parking on site.
It is essential for this position that you can read an interpret engineering drawings and hold significant experience in using handheld measuring equipment.
- Reporting to the Quality Manager
- Using handheld measuring devices such as calipers, micrometres and Vernier
- Ensuring components meet precise quality standards in line with IS09001
- Inspecting, testing of manufactured products
- Sampling and sorting products in relation to engineering drawings and specifications
- Producing quality inspection reports
- Recording and analysing shop floor measurement data
- Producing product defect reports and assisting in defect investigations
- Ensure that implemented corrections, corrective actions and risk mitigating controls are effective
- Work with shop floor staff to identify process improvements
- Development and implementation of required quality control procedures
- Assist in shop floor quality audits and support external 9001 assessments.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous Quality Inspector Experience essential.
- Mechanical background
- In depth experience in using handheld measuring equipment
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Audit experience is desirable
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.