Seeking a Quality Controller (Steel Fixings) – Littleport
Working on behalf of our client, a pre-cast concrete specialist based in Littleport. We are looking for a skilled worker to join their team. You will be joining the quality control team and the purpose of your role will be with check the quality and inspect manufactured reinforcement cages.
Duration: Temporary – Permanent
Location: Littleport, Cambridgeshire
Hourly Rate: £Negotiable!
Hours: 7am – 16.00pm Monday – Friday (1-hour unpaid lunch break)
Benefits: 28 days holiday, NEST Pension, PPE supplied by agency
This is a position that will be working for 3 months on a temporary basis leading to a permanent position in the future.
- Checking and following reinforcement drawings
- Checking that reinforcement bars, wire, clips or welds are to satisfactory standards
- Checking that manufactured reinforcement – cages are made to satisfactory standards
- Producing and running reports
- Completing check sheets and other relevant paperwork
- Labeling the cages and signing them off
- Sending back cages to production if they don’t meet the required standards
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within steel fixing
- Experience of quality control and inspection of pre-cast items
- Excellent understanding and ability to read reinforcement drawings
- You will be required to do a practical exam in the interview to assess your understanding of reinforcement drawings
- Fluent spoken and written English is essential
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business for this Temporary vacancy.