Seeking Quality Team Leader Cambridge
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will have direct responsibility for a small Quality team that includes a QA Technician and an apprentice. You will be responsible for quality assurance across the entire value stream. You will develop and implement quality standards for all manufacturing processes with the emphasis on; preventative action, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, legislation, regulation, international standards adherence and the reduction of variation and waste in all elements of the value stream.
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £32,000 – £35,000 + 10% of salary bonus
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 17.00pm, early finish at 16.30pm every other Friday
Benefits: 4% Matched Pension, Life Insurance, Permanent health insurance, 10% of salary bonus
To be suitable for this role you will have high level experience in fast paced production environments, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodology, Quality Management Systems and maintaining ISO 9001: 2015 accreditations. You will need to be a hands on leader with a continuous improvement mind-set that can coach staff and contribute towards our clients goal of operational excellence and a customer focused culture.
- Develop, implement and maintain the QMS to meet the needs of customers’ accreditation requirements.
- Leading and maintaining our quality accreditation to ISO 9001: 2015 standards.
- Supporting business processes and personnel in continuous improvement activities.
- Management, implementation and control of customer, internal and supplier product and process audits with the focus on conformance and driving continuous improvement.
- Interfacing with customers, internal functions and suppliers to resolve customer issues, promoting customer confidence and satisfaction.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining quality documentation and metrics including process maps, control plans, standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Supporting new product introduction process (PIF) through quality planning and implementation, liaising with customers, internal functions and suppliers with an emphasis on compliance.
- Managing the implementation of short and long term strategic functional objectives & KPI’s.
- Ensuring all quality data is captured and analyzed against targets taking action on adverse variation.
- Accountability and ownership of individual CI projects, and site specific Quality and HPS targets
Skills and Experience:
- We are looking for someone educated to HNC or above in a quality, manufacturing or engineering discipline
- Trained to Six Sigma Green Belt level or higher
- Holding a good understanding of Lean Manufacturing methodology
- Quality engineering background gained within medium to high volume manufacturing.
- Quality Auditing
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of Quality standards, specifically ISO 9001: 2015
- Problem Solving Skills – preferably in 8D, PDCA, DMAIC, FMEA, DOE, 5 Whys
- Kaizen facilitation
- Able to read, understand and interpret engineering information
- IT literate – Effective use of Microsoft Office software; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and experience of SAP would be beneficial
- Experience in NPI with an emphasis on compliance (CE, WEE, RoHS) would be advantageous
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.