Seeking Logistics and Shipping Coordinator Haverhill
This vacancy is to work for a manufacturing company based in Haverhill. The role is to support the Logistics Manager and will be to help maintain the companies compliance around all regulatory and legislative Health and Safety requirements. This role will initially be on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
Location: Haverhill, Suffolk
Hours: Full Time
Duration: 12 months FTC
- Daily and weekly planning on outbound deliveries with accurate performance.
- Coordination with Supply chain and customers to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Daily verification of inbound sampling ensuring that KPIs re met.
- Oversee and ensure that Logistics Administrator completes his/her tasks on daily basis
- Input into all inbound and outbound improvement projects.
- Proactively identifying and assessing risk.
- Analysing data and generally offering help and guidance.
- Ensuring all inbound/outbound shipments are booked accordingly
- Schedule and receive appointments for shipments.
- Daily and monthly reports, entering data into system and spreadsheets
- Maintain professional relationships with freight forwarders
- Troubleshooting basic problems and liaises with departments to resolve issues
- Provide alternate solutions where technical constraints impede the business process.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent communication skills. ‘Good Telephone manner’.
- Communicates issues to other departments, and line manager as appropriate.
- Assists in attaining departmental targets.
- Good knowledge of Pharmanet, SAP & Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working within a busy time sensitive environment, working under pressure whilst effectively prioritising workloads.
- Good knowledge of GDP guidelines.
- Ability to create accurate reports in Excel.
- Stock management skills.
- To be organised and logical, willing to adapt quickly to changing policies and procedures.
- To be able to work as part of a team in a fast paced and pressured environment, communicating effectively with both colleagues and clients and following verbal and written instructions.
- To be able to efficiently solve problems relating to sales, finance and transportation of goods in locations both national and overseas.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business for this Contract vacancy.