Seeking GIBBS Programmer / Setter / Operator (CNC) Ely
We are currently looking for a GIBBS Programmer to join a rapidly expanding business unit, you will typically manufacture complex parts machined from large castings in very small batches. The parts are of high value, made to a very high standard and we expect zero scrap therefore precision work is essential. Whilst seeking a permanent candidate we are looking at contract options for an immediate start.
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Thursday 8am – 16.30pm, Friday 8am – 13.30pm
Due to the nature of this role it is essential that we have candidates with GIBBS programming experience and a strong engineering background. You will have a right first time approach and have experience of dealing with low volume high value parts.
- Supporting the business with offline programming of complex parts
- Using Fanuc, Haas and Heidenheim controlled machines
- Reading and interpretation of very complex drawings
- Design and manufacture of fixtures and tooling
- Setting up new jobs
- Loading, examining and modifying CNC programmes
- Documenting the work done accurately and comprehensively
- Working to achieve project deadlines
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent CAD/CAM skills (software – Gibbs)
- Being a casting specialist
- Strong problem-solving techniques
- Ability to work to very tight tolerances (microns)
- Good understanding of what a programme is going to do in order that equipment and parts are protected from potential damage
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this to Permanent vacancy.